hit counter for blogger

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The All-Star game.

The selections have been announced, and I don't care about the N.L. so if you want to know about their All-Stars go to mlb.com if you don't know what that is it's the major league baseball website. You can find scores, and news on Major League Baseball. Now about the A.L. Five rangers got in. Two starters Josh Hamilton, and Vladimir Guerrero. Reserves Elvis Andrus, and Neftali Feliz and Ian Kinsler. Five also happens to be the number of Ian's jersey just a fun fact for you. Thought I'd try out my announcing skills since they're always doing something like that. Random shit no one cares about. "Young has 23 doubles on the year, and 23 was the age the Rangers got Young" Wow amazing. nyways the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby are things I enjoy. Some people hate both, and thats because they suck and don't know how to have fun. If you have a league that doesn't have fun then you know what you have? The NFL. You know how their players have fun? They go to bars and get in fights. Strip joints. Shoot their foot. Fight dogs, and even change tires for people on the side of the road.


IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT HAVING ENOUGH FUN! Baseball players shove cream in each others face, and light shoes on fire. Sing in the dugout and do cool little handshakes. The NFL has butt slaps, and thats about it. Also you hardly ever see a baseball manager chew out one of his players on camera. The NFL everytime someone comes back to the sideline one of the coaches go down their throat. Shit I'd go to a bar and shoot my fucking foot too. The All-Star game and Home Run Derby bring fun. "Oh the Home Run Derby messes up my swing" You've been playing baseball all your life, and you're telling me you can't take one night off and just fucking swing the bat? That is really going to mess up you're swing? No it's not. Because I guarantee you that they do it more than once a year just fucking around with their buddies. It's all about curses and superstition. It's in their hands that it will mess up their swing so no one wants to do it. It'd be like going to a Kelly Clarkson concert and she never belted out a long loud note because she heard it can hurt your throat the next day.


People forget how to have fun. Just because you're emotionally involved in something, and care a lot about it doesn't mean you still can't have fun with it. Because at the end of the day what is it you're obsessing over? Baseball. Fucking baseball. If you can't have fun while playing/watching baseball then just slam your hand in your briefcase and fuck off. Stop breaking down the stats, and finding out who got snubbed. Just enjoy it. If this was the last All-Star game to be played do you want to remember it by who got snubbed. Or how much fun you had just watching it with your buddies? Just enjoy it. I try to enjoy everything. Like yesterday I had to go shopping with a bunch of other people. I fucking hate shopping, and we were shopping for five hours (which is the number of all-stars the rangers have) you think I'd be pissed. You know what? I was at first, but then I thought about it. Why be pissed off? Just have fun with it. So I decided in every store we went to I'd yell out a random phrase.


In Old Navy I yelled "Train stations are cool!" My friends scattered quickly. In Barnes and Noble I yelled "Cheetos aren't as good when puffed" My friends scattered quickly. In Dillards I yelled "Monkey Monkey rocking everywhere rocking everywhere" And my friends laughed, and joined in.


Have fun.

That's baseball for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment